Ten Commandments: #1 No Other gods

 Ten Commandments

#1 THERE SHALL BE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME.
God begins by explaining to Moses to tell His people that God is the great I Am, the Lord God Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth. He is the One. The Alpha and Omega. The Beginning and the End. He breathed the very life into each one of us. We may love sun, the moon, the stars, the ocean, the trees, the earth, the rocks, the gems and minerals, the wind, fire, and so much more, BUT, these were all created by God. He is the Ruler of the Universe. Nothing came into being without Him. The Creator created and it all came to be so. Without Him, we would be nothing. We would not exist. Nothing would exist.
With this explanation, it goes to say that He deserves our undivided attention. He deserves our worship and praise. He deserves all of our waking moments to have our thoughts, feelings, behaviors, actions and ways to be for Him. We are to honor Him. We are to pray to Him. We are to be fully dependent on Him. We are to trust only in Him.
VERSES
"To you it was shown that you might know that the Lord, He is God; there is no other besides Him."--Deuteronomy 4:35
"‘See now that I, I am He, And there is no god besides Me; It is I who put to death and give life. I have wounded and it is I who heal, And there is no one who can deliver from My hand."--Deuteronomy 32:39
“There is no one like you, Lord, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears."--1 Chronicles 17:20
“You are My witnesses,” declares the Lord, “And My servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and believe Me And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me."--Isaiah 43:10
"That they may know that You alone, whose name is the Lord, Are the Most High over all the earth."--Psalm 83:18


This is the word of the Lord. Praise be to God.
We are better together.
Have a blessed day, Kimala
**photo credit of Sutter Buttes in CA by Jamie Brown

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Self Care Challenge: Day TWENTY-NINE

Live with Gratitude

Who Does God Say That I am? Day ONE: I am LOVED.